The next election for phd representation will take place from January 16th to 22nd, 2024.
The term of office is 2 years and begins on April 1, 2024.
Here you will find all the important information summarized. More detailed information on all points is available on the Administration Service page.
You're thinking of running for election? Would you like to get a taste of the work of the DoV in advance? Get in touch with us!
How can I vote?
1) online via the election portal
Authentication is carried out by logging in with the personal characteristics that are usually provided by the authentication data for the JGU data network (uni account). Eligible voters who do not have access to the JGU data network receive individual access data.
2) by postal vote:
The postal vote must be requested orally or in writing (application available as a download) at the election office by January 9, 2024 at the latest by 5:00 p.m. If the voting letter is sent by post, those entitled to vote must clear it. Anyone who has received postal voting documents can only cast their vote this way. The ballot envelopes must be received at the election office, Forum 3, Level 0, Room 00-345 by 4:00 p.m. by January 22, 2024 at the latest.
- Request for postal vote (must be handed in by January 9, 2024 by 5:00 p.m.)
Who can vote and who can be elected?
- All doctoral candidates registered at JGU are eligible to vote.
- Only those who are registered on the electoral roll can vote and be elected.
- The electoral roll will be available for inspection at the electoral office during office hours from December 4 to December 11, 2023.
- Eligible voters can submit election proposals to the election office, Forum 3, Level 0, Room 00-345 after the electoral roll has been established. The election proposals must be submitted to the election office by 6 p.m. on Monday, 18.12.2023 at the latest; forms are available here as a download or in the election office, Forum 3, Level 0, Room 00-345.
- Election proposal form (must be submitted by Monday, December 18, 2023 by 6 p.m.)
- Instructions for completing the online election proposal (german)
- If there is no approved election proposal, blank lines will be provided on the ballot paper during the election. Only as many eligible persons can be marked or entered on the ballot paper as there are members to be elected.
You can see the results of the last election here.